Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Welcome to Seventh Grade Falcon Social Studies!

I am so pleased to welcome each and every one of you to my class! I feel so lucky to have such a nice group of students to work with. Last year I said no one could beat my group for sweetness, manners and just all round good personalities, but I think I was wrong! There was someone out there who could easily equal their likeability quotient.... and it was YOU!!!!!

I am just about at the point where I know everyone's name (Alex, Emily, Thomas, Brady, Abby C., Lovie, Anna, Caroline, Abby I., Selah, Amrutha, Jacqueline, Lingyu, Fernando, Elizabet, Gahana, Sarah O., Naisha, Will, Brianna, Mario, Uddish, Kate, Soleil, Rivers, Alice, Jamya, Annie Z., Amanda, Jada, Zak, Mariah, Joseph C., Aidan, Rickyala, Azaria, Zaramagi, Eyob, Morgan, Yafet, Nyla, Kennedy, Min'neisha, Jessica, Nathan, Ashley, Grace P., Kareem, Marteveon, Kaden, Ariel, Nate, Skylar, Amarius, Terrance, Jasmine, Kaleb, Robert, Danyel, Grace C., Moriah, Kristina, Barine, Victor, Logan, Cameron, Kyle, Sharvika, Darsh, Mary, Allyah, Aryana, Emma, Annie W., Chris, Maanasa, Lily, Noor, Mustafa, Zachary, Joseph B., Jake, Emily, Khalifa, James, Aaron, Morgan G., Ainsley, Lydia, Joshua, Reghan, Bhavesh, Tigo, Michelle, Amelia, Abhi, Aayush, Noel, Shawn, Mia, Jonathan, Max, Ben, Delanie, Paxton, Coleman, MaKaylia, Gabriel, Tylan, Akayla, Jordan, Ezekiel, Terrence B., Timothy, Sara G., Laniya, Carolyn J., Colin, Brayden M., Kendall, Sam, Nicolas, Sihirah, Taniyah, Valencia, Sara S., Joseph S., Cash, Amir, Devon - Whew!). And I am thoroughly enjoying getting to know all of you!

We will take an interesting journey through time this year - from the fall of the Roman Empire, all the way to the era of Exploration and the discovery of the Americas. Every step we take through time will be memorable in one way or another because we will tackle the information in creative ways.

As you all know, we are beginning with the Fall of Rome. We have worked on timelines this week. Next week we will work on learning menus for this chapter; we will put our outlining practice to good use by outlining the chapter; we will work with vocabulary and learning how to draw our notes; however, most importantly, we will be getting our access to our online books next week.

I will post here at least twice a week. There may be articles I ask you to comment on; there could be a survey, or I might just talk about current events and how they relate to what we are studying. As you read the post, you will be required to post a comment in response at least twice a week. And I do not mean a monosyllabic response such as, "Cool!" or "Great!" A thoughtful, reflective response is required that is composed of a few sentences at the very least.

I can't wait to see your comments! Oh! And remember, unless you have a gmail to use in responding, you should just choose "Anonymous" and include your name in the body of the comment in order to get credit.                                                                        

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for letting me know the plans for this week. The information on the guidelines on how we need to comment, and what you might post will also prove to be very helpful I'm sure!
    - Reghan Kearney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the introduction to Seventh Grade Social Studies. I now understand how to actually comment on the posts on this blog.
    3rd Pd.

    ReplyDelete