Sunday, November 2, 2014

Upcoming Weeks

Monday we will return to the library for our last session with Mr. Sparks, the library intern, who will finish our webquest on the Bubonic Plague of the Middle Ages. Tuesday and Wednesday we finish all Reciprocal Teaching Group projects on medieval China, and then we will begin our Medieval European unit in earnest. For the following two weeks we will cover the middle ages, and for the remainder of the semester we will study the Renaissance. I can't believe I just said the "remainder of the semester"! This year is flying by already!

I must commend most groups on the station presentations they have made on their Chinese topics. It has amazed me how organized and thorough most of you have been!

We have experimented with two types of learning in our last two units. We participated in collaborative group learning during our Islamic unit; and, now we have experienced reciprocal learning during the Chinese unit. I think you all have learned quite a bit throughout this process. However, as we enter into the Middle Ages, we will return to more conventional learning and will pull out the old notebooks once again for some good old fashioned notes. I can hear the groans now!

Progress reports will come next week, and I'm proud to say you should all be pleased with your reports.

40 comments:

  1. Hi I am not sure how to do the test or sign up to do it either! -Samantha Davis 7th period

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the year is going by fast.
    Gabriel Geiser 6th Period

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the China project. Oh No the notebooks:(
    Justin Kouch 4th period

    ReplyDelete
  4. Notes? Notes. (groan)
    So next is Europe? Well, this should be fun.

    Michelle Barnes
    6th

    ReplyDelete
  5. The year really is going by fast. Thank you for being a great teacher.

    Lydia Williams 6th period

    ReplyDelete
  6. My, my... Already the end of the first Semester!!!
    -Nika Kledzi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! I am so glad we are going to start the Medieval Europe unit and we are going to get our report cards next week!!

    Kaitlyn W.
    4th Period

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not excited about notes portion but the Middle Ages sounds exciting.

    -Marissa Pittman

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! The Middle Ages!!! What's not cool is the notes, but I guess I can live with it. (;
    Kennedy Ray
    3rd period(her best class!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken

    ReplyDelete
  11. This year is going by really fast! But I'm sure notes can slow it down.
    Leela Haria 4th period

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad that we will be starting a new unit but, not so much the notes...

    Lauren Carlson,4th Period

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay we will be starting Europe. This might be interesting. I don't want to do the notes somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay for notes! yay for school! yay for learning! yay for lack of sleep!
    Kate Zimmerman
    4th period

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much funn!!!
    Shivani Koka
    6th Period

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay I like Europe but I don't like notes. I guess I could live with it but I would rather not. Notes make my hand hurt and when I take notes I have to write really fast because other people write really fast. When I write fast, I write really sloppy and I don't really understand my handwriting. Anyway, now that we're on Europe I guess I should be excited. Thank you for reading this very boring paragraph about how I take notes. I really appreciate that you have taken time out of your busy life to read this little comment. Yes, I said little.
    Chinnu Alli
    3rd period

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gina Hensley third period
    I liked the library sessions

    ReplyDelete
  18. The library sessions were really fun!!

    Anna Podgorny
    3rd period

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay!
    Kathryn Cooper; 6th period

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okaay
    - Kayla Pritchett 7th period-

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is cool how you did the idea of the China presentations. Rami Johnson 6th period

    ReplyDelete
  22. uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTES! I liked the way we presented for our project for China

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome, can't wait to do more stuff in the library. Also, WHY YOU MAKE US WRITE AGAIN? I thought that torture was gone.
    Krishna Dasari
    6th period

    ReplyDelete
  24. Notes? Yuck! I guess we can love with out hand dying, trying to write fast enough to keep up with everyone else, and barely being able to read our own notes........ But whatever, I guess it's just life.



    Annie Kannady
    4th period

    ReplyDelete
  25. well that all sounds fun... except for the notes part.
    Annie Tandon 4th period

    ReplyDelete
  26. yes this year is going by really fast!! But do we have to take notes? :( ugh. I have really enjoyed this project though!! ;) Lucy Patterson 4th

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ugh so nervous about progress reports! And also cannot wait to start the European unit but hate taking notes though.
    manar 4th period

    ReplyDelete